Tuesday 17 February 2009

Two little helpers

All geared up and ready for action........


' Have you found any more worms?'


Thanks to the US holiday on Monday and following our attempts at emulating the celebrities on Dancing on Ice at the ice rink in Guildford, the kids came with me to the plot as it wasn't freezing for once.

I'd managed a little bit of digging on Sunday morning, before we went to my Mum and Dad's as I wanted to see if I could get Dad's seed potatoes and let him have them. Unfortunately due to the snow recently, most of them were delayed, but I did get one lot for Dad from the new shop. However, at least I managed to finish off the bed Mike was doing and just dig the first 'spit' in the final rotational bed, before the shop opened.

Now on Monday, with my intrepid worm hunters/stone collectors I managed to get a fair bit done and think that on my next visit, I'll be able to finish this bed off and then just have the last permanent one to go...so about 75-80% of the way there in total I think.

Karen came to collect the children after an hour and a half or so and then I carried on until dusk, so here's the photo as I finished as it began to get a little gloomy. Just need to finish the one off on this side to make it level with the other one.



All in all, good to get a bit more done and over the next few weeks, I hope to complete the digging, then I can sort out the rolls and rolls of carpet, take all the bags of rubbish to the refuse centre and prepare a spot for the shed....before I need to get ready for planting.

No comments: