Monday 2 March 2009

FINISHED !

Well this weekend saw the completion of the digging, so after a full 4 months since my first visit to the plot, I have managed to clear it, mark it out and double dig it (with help from Mike of course). HOOOORRRRAAAAYYY. Here's the way 94a looks now.



I also found an old photo I took on the first visit and you can see how much it has changed from the next 2 photo's.

BEFORE


AFTER

It was a final push this weekend, with Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, just to get it done and also make some preparations for the shed too. I now have a clear plot and can look forward to the next test...the plants and seeds!

I've got a pretty good idea what I'm going to grow, but now need to get all the information together, to make sure I'm clear on when, how and where to sow, plant, etc each vegetable. So that's my next job.

In the meantime, with a little bit of luck, I'll be able to get rid of all the bags of rubbish and old carpet I don't need, down to the local recycle centre and then see about the shed, but more on that later. Here's the base for it anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - well done you!!
Shed base next week & shed raising after that - how exciting this is all getting eh!!!

ThatOneCalledLauren said...

Well done uncle chris!!!!!!!!!!