Wednesday 4 November 2009

Fixing the shed roof


Well here it is. Thanks to my Dad for supplying some roofing felt and bitumen, I got to work last Saturday on fixing one side of the shed roof as the previous felt had been ripped off.

It was a perfect size as it covered the whole side with enough to fold over the top and seal on the other side. I used plenty of tacks, bitumen and the batons on the sides to try and hold it whatever the weather. Sunday was due to be extremely windy and wet, so a big test.

I haven't been there yet to see if it stayed on, but here's hoping!

This coming weekend, I shall be getting back into the digging habit and making the plot ready for the winter. I've plans to expand the beds a little bit, so over the coming months that's the work schedule.

I'll keep the updates coming.........Have fun this Autumn.

4 comments:

Shaheen said...

Things growing at the plot seem to be slowing down now, so our thoughts turn to these other 'odd jobs'. My hut roof is leeking too, but I haven't had the chance to get it done, as every weekend it has been raining.

Good on your Dad for supplying the roof felt, they aren't easy to come by.

Chris O'Kill said...

no I know, I'm very lucky. I just hope I've done him justice and it's still on there.

Unknown said...

Hey! My shed twin is looking good - has Gok Wan been down there helping you to give it a makeover?

Well done you two - if you fancy any extra digging on my plot let me know.

Richard Boles said...

Fathers know best! They're simply the best when it comes to giving out ideas on DIY projects, and you are lucky to have one generous dad. This shed is amazingly done, especially with its felt roof. But how is it now?

Richard Boles